Other text answers (summarized)
Q. Overall, how much money do you spend at artist alleys?
Most people responded with a value between $20—$100, but some spend even more than that ^O^
Q. Any other suggestions you would like to give stall holders?
- Try to offer various large prints
- Some people feel more comfortable if there are 2 people behind stall
- Don’t be a persistent seller and call people out if they don’t buy any of your stuff!
- Bags are a huge bonus
- Deals like “buy 2 for $___” attract people too!
- "Food is good and makes it all good in the hood" (i’m assuming this applies as advice to the stall holders LMAO)
- Have a range of older and current anime
- Post the price lists next to items so it won’t be awkward for people who just happen to not have enough… /sweats
- Having a good attitude in general is very important
A while ago I made an artist alley survey to try see what kind of things buyers expect from artists when they go to an anime convention. I don’t have enough time to analyse this properly, so please interpret the results at your own discretion since the sample size is only 29. I’m assuming that this is also based off the North American anime conventions, so the results may vary between countries, so please take that into account too.
I hope this helps people with deciding what they’re going to sell yeah! Thank you to everyone who voted, the survey is still accepting responses if you want a say in it, but other than that good luck with con preparations!
super awesome and helpful for fellow artists!